My Shopping List
Three-Way Marinated Flank Steak
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
Marinate: 6 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 lb.)
+ 1/4 c. prepared olive oil and vinegar vinaigrette or prepared Italian-style vinaigrette
+ 1 tsp. minced garlic
+ 1/4 tsp. coarse grind black pepper
What to do:
1. Combine marinade ingredients of your choice in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hr. or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
2. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11-16 min. (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16- 21 min.) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
3. Carve steak across the grain into slices.
* Asian Marinade Variation: Prepare recipe as directed by adding 2 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce, 2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger, 1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar, 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds and 1-1/2 tsp. dark sesame oil to Classic Marinade mixture.
Nutrition: 274 calories; 12 g. fat (4 g saturated fat); 62 mg. cholesterol; 312 mg sodium; 4 g carbohydrate; 0.3 g fiber; 36 g protein.
* Mexican Marinade Variation: Prepare recipe as directed by adding 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, 1 tsp. ground cumin, 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder and 1/2 tsp. salt to Classic Marinade mixture.
Nutrition: 252 calories; 10 g. fat (4 g. saturated fat); 62 mg cholesterol; 324 mg sodium; 1 g. carbohydrate; 0.1 g fiber; 36 g protein.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 250; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 62mg; Total Carbs: 1g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 36g; Sodium: 178mg;